I have to say, I use both Rainmeter and xWidget and this is definitely has impressed me.
Ran Into a couple of hiccups though:
- I can't seem to get the player to work. Does it play files on its own or use a media player?
- It is cumbersome trying to open the sidebar when it uses the same side of the screen as the charms bar (which can cover up the sidebar launcher). I'd suggest a hover button that is always on top display in the upper-right hand corner of the screen, which opens the sidebar. It would also be great if the sidebar could be moved around, or at least the option to have it anchored to the other sides of the screen.
Suggestions (I have no idea how feasible any of these are):
- Ability to change tile sizes (including having larger tiles)
- More colors and maybe the ability to use custom colors (RGB and/or Hex would be great)
- Add a command line code that tells the executable file to launch the sidebar (For shortcuts and third-party programs)
- Add the ability to change the "background" color (perhaps even to an image)
- Add a way to make the sidebar partially transparent.
- Add a calculator tile
- Add system monitoring tiles (i.e. CPU Usage and Net Usage)